Passive income is the modern day ideal. It means not having to do a thing but still getting a steady stream of money coming in from what you have created days, months, years ago! Too good to be true but possible thanks to the world wide web. OnlyFans is a passive income goldmine. Because of the world’s CVOID state right now, many businesses and individuals turned to the internet to make ends meet – hustling for some extra money. According to the World Economic Forum, online entrepreneurship and freelancing have increased in the past few months. And one of the fastest rising online industries right now is the online entertainment industry: OnlyFans.com.
⭐ Recommended Reads:
- The Art of Making a Sh*t Ton of Money on Pornhub
- How to Make Money Sexting (aka Flirting, Chatting & Texting Online!)
- Passive Income for Sex Workers: Guide to Making Money & Succeeding on OnlyFans
- Flirt Online And Earn Money With Phrendly (Make An Extra $1,000/Month)
Most of you might’ve heard about OnlyFans somewhere. In fact, it won’t be surprising if you first encountered this site by looking through memes. OnlyFans had become a meme symbol throughout this 2020 year. But albeit with its meme status, people are indeed earning money. And depending on your effort and creativity, you can make a decent income just from this site. Here’s a basic and easy guide to get you started:
What Is OnlyFans.com?
OnlyFans is a social media-esque platform where content creators can earn money by selling merch, subscriptions, and fans’ tips. This is another site that allows creators to monetize their popularity such as Instagram (guide), YouTube or TikTok. However, what makes this site different is that it ALLOWS for nudity and sexual content, as long as it follows the guidelines. Additionally, you can create a paid private chatting session with a fan and sell “only fan” content.
Not all content needs to be pay-per-view. Most artists use both free and paid subscriptions to entice new followings. However, for exclusive premium content, creators can set a paid subscription to view content. It’s up to you if you want to set free and paid content for your fans to enjoy.
Who Is It For?
Anyone can set up a free OnlyFans account. Subscribing to a creator is free, as long as a free subscription is available. You have to pay if you want to follow a creator with a paid subscription. Your account will serve as both content creator and fan account, so people can see your followers and the creators you follow. As of now, fans can only make money by referral income. However, if you’re a creator, you can utilize more options to earn income.
OnlyFans is known as a platform for its explicit content and adult influencers. However, this industry is just a part of the site’s economy. You can find other people such as fitness trainers who offer online fitness training, chefs who sell cookbooks, artists who accept commission works, and more. If you feel like you got something to offer that your fans would love to buy, OnlyFans is a great site to monetize your passion and talents.
⭐ “That’s Interesting!“
- Panhandling: How Much Money Do Panhandlers REALLY Make?
- How To Make Money As An Instagram Influencer (Internet Fame That Pays?)
- 39 People Who Got Richer AFTER Quitting Their Day Jobs
- Can Being a “Friend-For-Rent” Really Make Extra Money?
How Can You Earn Money By Using OnlyFans?
There is no “secret method” in gaining money with OnlyFans. Creators have different models that worked for them, but not for you. It depends on how you want to make money. For those who want to cash in big, the tipping model is for you. But for those who prefer guaranteed monthly earnings, the subscription option is the best.
Receiving tips is one of the best ways to earn money on this site. Fans can tip creators via paid private messages, in which a minimum amount of $3 for tipping is applied. Besides, creators can add a tipping option to a post. This makes the content only available for those who paid to unlock access (maximum of $50 tips per post).
Lastly, fans can give tips in exchange for exclusive content. As long as the creator is comfortable making the fan’s request, the fan can expect the delivered content. The maximum tip a user can give is $200 while a new user is capped at $100.
Tips might not come by as easier as you think. If you’re planning to make OnlyFans your main income-generating gig, you need more things to offer for your fans to earn regularly. In this case, the subscription model might be the right one for your OnlyFans model.
The subscription works like the membership scheme used by YouTube and Patreon. Fans can only access a creator’s content if he or she is a paid member. Usually, this model relies on monthly revenue from regular subscribers.
Even if you only have 100 fans, as long as they are regular, renewing subscribers, you always get a steady income. This model is perfect for creators who have a close-knit community willing to pay to view content. For potential income using this model, you can use the slider found on this site.
Selling Things That You Own
Many creators, especially adult influencers, sell personal items that might be of interest to their fans. One of the most common items sold in this kind of market is worn panties and outfits used in a previous OnlyFans session. A good strategy that many creators do is making bundles and giving out deals to entice their regulars into buying their merch.
- Online Girl Guide To Selling Used Underwear For Extra Money
- New Mom Hustles: Make Money Selling Breast Milk Online
- Pro Cheerleading Salaries Exposed: Dirty Secrets & Things To Know
Referrals (Paused in 2020 Due to Popularity)
If you don’t want to make content, you can still earn money by doing referrals. The referral system works by inviting a good content creator to sign up with your referral link. For the first 12 months, you can chip in 5% of your referred creators’ earnings. This offer is capped at the first $1 million earned by your referred creator. Since you’re getting 5%, the maximum earnings you can earn from one referral is $50,000.
But before you can earn money, you need to fill up your banking information. You will be asked to fill up typical banking forms and personal information. If you’re comfortable with that, you can send the form for approval. OnlyFans staff will review your application and either approve or reject it if you’re not following the guideline.
OnlyFans Payout Rates
Before you count all your potential earnings and such, it is worthy to note that OnlyFans income depends on many things. This includes the number of your fans, the content you make, and your monthly subscribers. Using OnlyFans will always be an uncertain venture because there is no way of knowing if you will have tippers and subscribers in the next months.
Creators who opted for a subscription method will have a better view of how much they can earn monthly. Those who depend on tips might have to put more effort into putting out more content for more earning potentials. Overall, the more effort you put into making your fans want your content, the more chances you got in earning more income.
OnlyFans earn money by taking up commissions from their creators. For each tip you receive, the site gets 20% of it. Unfortunately, even the subscription-based income is under this rule. So if you have a $9.99 subscription model, you will only get $7.9 from your earnings. OnlyFans uses 20% to keep the site running and provide support for its users.
Depending on your country, the release of payout usually happens every week or every 21 days. After requesting payment, your money will be in your bank account within 3-5 days. If a fan asked for a refund, it would be adjusted to your account.
⭐ Recommended Reads:
Tips + Tricks In Gaining More Followers
You know what’s the biggest thing to becoming successful on OnlyFans? Not starting from scratch and depending all of your paycheck solely on OnlyFans!
Have Pre-Existing Fans
Treat OnlyFans like an “icing on the cake” platform. That means you find valuable fans using other websites. Build up your fan base. And from there you can monetize your fanbase by moving content onto OnlyFans for existing fans to purchase.
For the most part, popularity doesn’t magically happen and it doesn’t happen on OnlyFans for no reason. The users who are on OnlyFans are already SOMEONE ELSE’S fan. They’re not there to discover anyone new (not a hard and fast rule but generally it’s true.) You will have better luck building OnlyFan foundations somewhere else.
Do Not Get Discouraged, It’s Never a 1:1 Comparison
With prices for content wide in the open, it’s normal to compare and it’s very normal to ponder why Sally-Mary-Sue charges 5x the amount you do for similar content. It’s easy to compare but it’s not good to play comparison games. You don’t know the X factors that contributed to their pricing. Maybe they have terrible sales for that particular video and you’re not seeing her real profit driver? OnlyFan is a social media website but it’s a lot better for you, in the long run, to charge what you deem is worth instead of focusing on cutting prices to match Mary-Sue’s popularity.
⭐ Recommended Reads:
- Working From Home For Beginners: Summary List of Stay at Home Job Ideas
- 10 Babysitter Apps To Jumpstart Your Babysitting Career & Get Hired
- 7 Flexible Online Teaching Type Jobs From Home (Side Hustle Ideas)
Include Your OnlyFans Account To Your Social Media
You would be surprised how much traffic you can get by plugging your OnlyFans account in your official social media sites. There is a big chance that people will find your content on one of the social media sites first. Plugging your account on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram can attract more visitors to your OnlyFans profile.
Upload More Contents That Your Fans Will Enjoy
Unless you opt for the subscription model, you will have more chances of earning money if you regularly create new content. Tweak and improve your content to keep them fresh and entertaining. But don’t let your regular fans get alienated by the content changes that you make.
Create An Appealing, Attention Grabbing Profile
Just like your resume, your profile page can affect your chance of getting new followers. That’s why make sure to fill your profile information with attention-grabbing and appealing stuff. Look at the profile example below. This will not attract a lot of followers because it is not attractive nor interesting. If you’re lost on what to do, check out some of the most prominent OnlyFans profiles for inspiration.
⭐ Got Some Space? – Rent out a spare room on Airbnb! This was my claim to fame. I made $71,000 on Airbnb last year while putting in just 12 hours a week. I’m not even joking when I say there are tons of hosts even more successful than I am.
Seek Collaboration With Other Creators
When it comes to online entertainment, collaboration can improve your career, or break it. However, it’s always worth it to try and see if you can collaborate with other artists. Your main goal for this is to gain more followers from other creators’ fanbase that has complimentary or similar content.
Regularly Connect With Your Fans
And last but not the least, make sure to regularly connect with your fans. Mention them in your streams (if you do streaming), thank them for tipping, and let them know how you appreciate their continuous support.
Pros & Cons of OnlyFans
Some sex workers make oodles and oodles of money on OnlyFans because they have a strong legion of well…fans that gobble up any new content created. Make no mistake, OnlyFans can be a lucrative gig and we wouldn’t be talking about it on Merry for Money if it wasn’t legit. Here are the quick run down bullet points of why *I* think is both good and bad about OnlyFans:
Make More & Take Charge of Your Money
Remotive.io: Here’s my favorite non-BS website for finding remote work. It is the most user-friendly work from home job board I’ve used, especially for millennials. I don’t get anything from Remotive, I just want all my readers to find work from home success, that will make me happy.
Free Amazon Giftcards: We discovered 33+ super clever ways anyone can earn free Amazon gift cards by doing simple tasks from anywhere (answering surveys, grocery shopping, or just scanning store receipts you would have thrown away!) Now you can easily earn free Amazon gift cards as long as you have an internet connection with this guide.
Personal Capital: Sign up and use their budgeting & net worth calculators for FREE. We use Personal Capital – it’s a free financial service platform that helps you analyze your spending, budgeting, retirement, and overall financial health all on one simple & secure account. Think of it as a secure central command station for your finances. It’s awesome!
- Safer! Traditionally sex work has not been dubbed as safe. But OnlyFans gives content creators a lot more control over their content than ever before.
- Name your price. OK, this could be a possible con because some users on OnlyFans charge a very low price for their content. Do not mistake cost = popularity. Charge what you know you are worth and the true fans will follow you no matter what.
- Flexible. If you have kids, you can have OnlyFans work around YOUR schedule.
- Peership. You will have a community of content creators to keep you from being too lonely. Even celebrities are doing it! Beyond just adult work, there’s talk of unionizing and future growth of collaborations within OnlyFans. There is no stigma among other adult sex workers, it’s all about the hustle.
- A chance for meteoritic success. Some girls on OnlyFans easily tops $10,000+/month in passive sales. That’s content they made ONE time that is bringing them cash every single day, every single hour. You can pay off your mortgage, and heck, even your momma’s mortgage if you have what it takes to succeed in this level of playing field.
- It’s better than working in retail. (Haha, that was a joke. Kind of.) OnlyFans is a bit of retail, you have a store and you need to pacify customers that become fretful in any way.
- What goes online, stays online forever. Always remember what you put out there may be seen by future employers or even your kids someday. Be sure that with your identity, the exposure is worth it.
- Most people do not start with legions of followers on OnlyFans. You have to “import” them from somewhere like Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, or even popular Camsites. Treat OnlyFans as more of an icing on the cake for making money.
- Varying income. Some months are gangbusters, and some months are dead. For example, you will see more business around bi-monthly pay days such as the 15th and 30th of each month.
- OnlyFans cashed in 2 BILLION dollars worth of transactions last year. Their cut of 2 billion? 20%! That’s 200 million in the pockets of this web giant. Think about it like this: you are their freelancer, like a Uber driver to Uber. OnlyFans takes a 20% cut out of every $1 you make. Although that is lower than other adult platforms such as MyFreeCams or Streamate, you are looking at kissing 1/5 of your earnings goodbye.
- OnlyFans is popular enough for their own memes. You will also find competition; and even drama from others. You can’t just be a pretty girl with a mild personality. You need a niche or something that makes you stand out.
- Leaked content. Scammers and recorders can easily record your content from their computer and upload it to another website for free. Once the flood gates open, you may not be guaranteed protection. Remember to read up on DMCA and DMCA take downs in case this happens.
- Do your research! So many people go into OnlyFans without educating themselves on how to succeed and not only is that dangerous, it can at the very least cost you money.
References for more information: